Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 97:2-12 KJV
Psalms 97:2-12 KJV
(2) Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.
(3) A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.
(4) His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.
(5) The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
(6) The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.
(7) Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
(8) Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.
(9) For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.
(10) Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
(11) Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
(12) Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Today’s Devotional Is THE LORD REIGNETH
BEHIND all clouds is the pure, clear ether of God’s love. We don’t need to be dismayed at the destruction of the earth’s surface by storms, as there are deep stillnesses beneath. God sees through them and uses them to fulfill His great purpose. He is able to overcome all difficulties. He balances the hills and the mountains on a scale. We need not be afraid of him, for he is our Father. Children who are comfortable in the car their father drives aren’t afraid of the hailstorms that rattle the windows or the wild winds that sweep across the earth. Their father is there for them and knows their way and is speedily heading for home. If we follow God closely, His right hand will support us and we can leave the rest to Him.
They will not be ashamed of those who wait for Him. Anarchy and revolution may sweep the land. The world may be swept away by a torrential downpour. We will be kept in peace, even though the savings of a lifetime may vanish. The Lord reigneth and He will always be mindful of His covenant. We will never be without the grace of sustaining grace. We will not be without the Father’s grace if we surrender to Him. God is our goal and end, not selfishness or human confederacies. He won’t, and cannot, fail those who have given all to His companionship. The olive-labor will cease, the fig tree will not bloom, the flock will be separated from the fold and the sheep will be taken away, but we will rejoice in God; for the Lord God Shall provide all our needs and make our feet walk on the edge of danger.
The world is filled with turmoil. They have raised their voices, but the Lord on High is powerful above all the noise of many waterways. He must reign until He has subdued all His enemies. When He was mocked by Pilate, His enemies put a reed into His hand. They knew more than they realized, for He who unlocks the sealed book of destiny is the Lamb that was killed. He is the ruler of the reed, which is the symbol for His government.
PRAYER for Today
Our Father, we need to hear Thee tell us as we go forth into the unknown, that Thou art there, holding our right hand. Guide us along the untrodden road, keep us safe in the midst the storm. AMEN.