Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:5-9 KJV
Matthew 21:5-9 KJV
(5) Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
(6) And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
(7) And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
(8) And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
(9) And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Today’s Devotional is THE ROYAL TRIUMPH
The KING of Glory arrived at the Holy City on his lowly horse, not on a richly-draped warhorse or accompanied by a breezy band of soldiers. He was instead seated on a lowly saddle and surrounded by thousands of pilgrims. The Governor Pilate and Caiaphas, the High Priest, welcomed him, but the children, the less fortunate, the blind, and the lame He had healed. His place of lodging was the ground on the Mount of Olives. He was even hungry once to eat fig-leaves.
But there was a mystic power around Him that drove out the rabble from the Temple. The chief priests and the scribes had also to admit this when they challenged His authority (Mat_21.23). His authority was one of Truth, Purity, and God. It was only a fragment of His intrinsic Majesty. He was intimately known by one who said, “We saw His glory as the Only-Begotten Father, full grace and truth” (Joh_1_14).
Soul of man, to you, also, thy king cometh! Let the gates of your heart open and allow Him in! Although you may be afraid at first of the revolution that His coming will bring, it is important to quickly give all the keys to Mansoul to Emmanuel, Prince. He will be your King and Heir, and you should enthrone Him with all your heart. He is King and Heir and will make you a joint-heir with Him. Let your kingdom become the kingdom God and His Christ. Every thought should be submitted to Him. If you, on the contrary, are content to build your house without Him, then you must be sure you reject the Chief Corner-stone. It is the only one that can give it the stability and beauty it needs. This will mean the total destruction of the structure on which you have spent your entire life-energy (Mat_7.27; 1Co_3.10-15).
PRAYER for Today
Our cleansed breasts are the most important.
Eternal, let Thy Spirit Rest;
Let our secret soul be.
A temple that is pure and worthy of Thee.
Hosanna at the top! AMEN.