There’s nothing like the Word of God to bring hope and encouragement into our lives! The Bible is full of inspiring verses that can lift us up when we’re feeling down, give us strength when we’re facing challenges, and help us find comfort in times of sorrow.
That’s why we’ve compiled some of the most popular Bible verses into this handy collection, so you can always have them close at hand. Whether you’re looking for a little pick-me-up or some motivation to keep going, these verses are sure to do the trick. So dive in and explore some of the best Bible quotes around! You’ll be amazed at how much wisdom, inspiration, and comfort they have to offer.
Don’t Seek Your Own Understanding Bible Verse
2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” This means that the Bible is our source of truth, and we should not seek our own understanding apart from what the Bible teaches.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” When we trust in the Lord and seek His wisdom, we can be confident that He will guide us in the right direction. We don’t need to rely on our own understanding or try to figure things out on our own.
Genesis 1:1 God Created All Things
(ESV) In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
(KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(MSG) First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see.
(NIV) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(NLT) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Christ Jesus Gives Eternal Life Scripture Quote
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” – John 17:3
John 3:16 God Offers Eternal Life and Hope in Christ Jesus
(ESV) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
(KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(MSG) “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.
(NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(NLT) “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
In this verse, Jesus is praying to His Father and He mentions two things that are essential for eternal life. The first is knowing God and the second is knowing Jesus Christ.
Knowing God is vital because without a relationship with Him, we would be lost forever in our sin. But because of His great love for us, He sent His Son to die on the cross in our place so that we could be forgiven and have eternal life.
The Holy Spirit Teaches All Things of God Biblical Reference
The Holy Spirit does teach all things of God. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that He will speak to us in an audible voice. In fact, most of the time, the Holy Spirit will communicate with us through our intuition or conscience.
This is why it’s so important to develop a close relationship with the Holy Spirit, so that we can better discern His voice from all the other voices that constantly bombard us throughout the day. The Bible says that “the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” (Romans 8:26) So if we sincerely pray and ask for guidance, the Holy Spirit will undoubtedly guide us in the right direction. Thanks for asking!
More Popular Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verses about DishonestyDishonesty is a problem that has plagued mankind since the beginning of time. The Bible has a lot to say on the topic, and it’s important to understand what God says about it to help us make better decisions in our own lives. Here are 10 Bible verses about dishonesty, along with some FAQs about … Read Bible Verses
- Daily Bible Verses about DiscriminationDiscrimination is a very painful and all too common reality in our world. It can take many forms, from subtle exclusion to outright persecution – and sadly, it has been part of the human experience for a long time. But as believers in Jesus Christ, we should strive to combat discrimination wherever we find it. … Read Bible Verses
- Daily Bible Verse about DiscouragementDiscouragement can come in many forms and it is something that we all experience throughout our lives. The Bible is full of inspiring scriptures to help us overcome discouragement, no matter how deep we feel it. Here are 10 of the best Bible verses about discouragement, so you can take heart and find strength during … Read Bible Verses
- Isaiah 29:16 Devotional On TURN THINGS UPIDE DOWNDaily Scripture reading: Isaiah 29:16 KJV Isaiah 29:16 KJV(16) Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Today’s Devotional Is … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DiscontentContentment is often a difficult thing to achieve, especially in today’s world of materialism and consumerism. But the Bible speaks directly to our feelings of discontentment, offering us guidance and hope in times of struggle or sadness. Here are ten Bible verses about discontentment that can help you find peace and contentment with what you … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verses about DiscipleshipThe Bible is full of verses and teachings that discuss the importance of discipleship. Discipleship in the Christian faith is an important practice, as it involves having a mentor or teacher who guides one’s spiritual journey and helps them learn more about God and His ways. In this article, we will look at 10 Bible … Read Bible Verses
- John 21:7 Devotional On LOVE’S REVELATIONS!Daily Scripture Reading: John 21:7 KJV John 21:7 KJV(7) Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea. Today’s Devotional Is LOVE’S REVELATIONS! … Read Bible Verses
- Ephesians 4:10 Devotional On DESCENDING AND ASCENDINGDaily Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:10 KJV Ephesians 4:10 KJV(10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) Today’s Devotional Is DESCENDING AND ASCENDING This is an incredible verse! Our Lord came down. The Council-Chamber of Eternity was formed when creation and fall of … Read Bible Verses
- John 21:4 Devotional On DAY-BREAK AT THE BEACHDaily Scripture Reading: John 21:4 KJV John 21:17 KJV(17) He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith … Read Bible Verses
- Revelation 3:20 Devotional On CHRIST PLEADING TO ADMISSIONDaily Scripture Reading: Revelation 3:20 KJV Revelation 3:20 KJV(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Today’s Devotional Is CHRIST PLEADING TO ADMISSION Do not forget the Majesty and … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DiscernmentDiscernment is an important aspect of our spiritual life. It’s the ability to recognize and distinguish between right and wrong, good and evil. The Bible provides us with numerous verses related to the discernment that can help guide us in making wise choices. In this article, we’ll explore 10 of the most meaningful Bible verses … Read Bible Verses
- Revelation 3:19-20 Devotional On KNOCK AT THE DOORDaily Scripture Reading: Revelation 3:19-20 KJV Revelation 3:19-20 KJV(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with … Read Bible Verses
- John 19:41 Devotional On THE GARDEN OF CROSSDaily Scripture Reading: John 19:41 KJV John 19:41 KJV(41) Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. Today’s Devotional Is THE GARDEN OF CROSS It was in a Garden where Paradise was lost. But in a garden it … Read Bible Verses
- 2 Colossians 9:8 Devotional On GRACE ABOUNDINGDaily Scripture Reading: 2 Colossians 9:8 KJV 2 Corinthians 9:8 KJV(8) And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: Today’s Devotional Is GRACE ABOUNDING KJV God is known for His abundance! Take a walk on a spring … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 7:25 Devotional On UTTERMOST SALVATIONDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 7:25 KJV Hebrews 7:25 KJV(25) Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Today’s Devotional Is UTTERMOST SALVATION THE ATTRACTION OF the Divine Nature. We are drawn because we draw near. God draws … Read Bible Verses
- Daily Bible Verse about DisagreementDisagreements are a part of life, even in the Bible. While it may seem like we’re often too quick to argue and not always willing to compromise, God’s Word offers many verses that can help us navigate disagreement with grace and understanding. In this article, we’ll look at 10 Bible Verses about Disagreement that can … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 13:20-21 Devotional On DISLOCATED LIMBSDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:20-21 KJV Hebrews 13:20-21 KJV(20) Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,(21) Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DirectionWhen considering what direction to take in our lives, it can be incredibly helpful to look to the Bible for guidance. After all, God has promised that He will provide us with a clear answer if we ask Him! In this article, we’ll explore 10 of the most powerful Bible verses about direction and explore … Read Bible Verses
- Romans 5:17 Devotional On REIGNING IN LIFEDaily Scripture Reading Romans 5:17 KJV Romans 5:17 KJV(17) For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Today’s Devotional Is REIGNING IN LIFE It would take a lifetime, if not eternity, … Read Bible Verses
- Revelation 1:8 Devotional On THE ALL-SUFFICIENCY OF CHRISTDaily Scripture Reading: Revelation 1:8 KJV Revelation 1:8 KJV(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Today’s Devotional Is THE ALL-SUFFICIENCY OF CHRIST It is not necessary to say that these letters are the first and final … Read Bible Verses
- John 15:5 Devotional On CHRISTIAN ABIDINGDaily Scripture Reading: John 15:5 KJV John 15:5 KJV(5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. Today’s Devotional Is CHRISTIAN ABIDING OUR SAVOUR’S eternal joy was due His unending effort to bless … Read Bible Verses
- Romans 8:2 Devotional On THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT of LIFEDaily Scripture Reading: Romans 8:2 KJV Romans 8:2 KJV(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Today’s Devotional Is THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT of LIFE The law of gravitation is something that even the most simple child can understand. … Read Bible Verses
- Romans 8:1-4 Devotional On WALK NOT AFTER FLESH, but AFTER SPIRITDaily Scripture Reading: Romans 8:1-4 KJV Romans 8:1-4 KJV(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.(3) For … Read Bible Verses
- Matthew 1:21 Devotional On GLORY TO GOD IN HIGHESTDaily Scripture Reading: Matthew 1:21 KJV Matthew 1:21 KJV(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Today’s Scripture Reading Is GLORY TO GOD IN HIGHEST JESUS WAS “born to be a Saviour.” It is not surprising that Jesus, being … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 12:1-2 Devotional on Things to be left behindDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV(1) Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,(2) Looking unto Jesus the … Read Bible Verses
- Mark 9:22-23 Devotional On PRAYER AND POWERDaily Scripture Reading: Mark 9:22-23 KJV Mark 9:22-23 KJV(22) And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.(23) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. … Read Bible Verses
- Luke 10:21 Devotional On THE PRAYER FOR THANKSGIVINGDaily Scripture Reading: Luke 10:21 KJV Luke 10:21 KJV(21) In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy … Read Bible Verses
- Daily Bible Verse about DiligenceDiligence is an important concept in the Bible. It is a virtue that many people strive to achieve and it has been noted as one of the most important aspects of living a godly life. The Bible is full of passages that talk about being diligent, and these 10 Bible verses are particularly inspiring when … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DevotionDevotion is an important aspect of the Christian faith, and the Bible provides many scriptures to help us express our devotion. In this article, we’ll explore 10 Bible verses about devotion and provide answers to frequently asked questions about devotion in the Bible. Through these scripture references, readers can gain insight into God’s call for … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DeterminationDo you feel like life is full of mountains to climb? Are you looking for the strength and determination to be successful in your endeavors? Look no further than the Bible! Here are 10 meaningful Bible verses about determination that will help you find courage, hope, and perseverance. Whether it’s pursuing a career goal or … Read Bible Verses
- John 11:25-27 Devotional On CHRIST’S TEACHINGS ABOUT RESURRECTIONDaily Scripture Reading: John 11:25-27 KJV John 11:25-27 KJV(25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:(26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?(27) She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DestinyIf you have ever questioned your purpose in life or wondered what your destiny is, then these Bible verses about destiny may help answer some of those questions. The Bible has much to say about the subject of destiny and can provide insight into our future and its role in God’s plan for us. We … Read Bible Verses
- Luke 10:27-29 Devotional On CHRIST’S TEACHINGS ABOUT BENEFICENCEDaily Scripture Reading: Luke 10:27-29 KJV Luk 10:27 KJV(27) And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. Today’s Devotional Is CHRIST’S TEACHINGS ABOUT BENEFICENCE We cannot live in … Read Bible Verses
- Matthew 7:1-2 Devotional Is CHRIST’S TEACHINGS ABOUT JUDGING OTHERSDaily Scripture Reading: Matthew 7:1-2 KJV Mat 7:1-2 KJV(1) Judge not, that ye be not judged.(2) For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Today’s Devotional Is CHRIST’S TEACHINGS ABOUT JUDGING OTHERS OUR LORD does not in these words condemn … Read Bible Verses
- Today’s Bible Verse about DespairDespair can be an overwhelming emotion that can lead to discouragement and hopelessness. It can be difficult to find hope in times of despair, but the Bible actually has many verses on this topic. To help us cope with discouraging situations, here are 10 Bible Verses about Despair. These scriptures provide assurance that God is … Read Bible Verses