There’s nothing like the Word of God to bring hope and encouragement into our lives! The Bible is full of inspiring verses that can lift us up when we’re feeling down, give us strength when we’re facing challenges, and help us find comfort in times of sorrow.
That’s why we’ve compiled some of the most popular Bible verses into this handy collection, so you can always have them close at hand. Whether you’re looking for a little pick-me-up or some motivation to keep going, these verses are sure to do the trick. So dive in and explore some of the best Bible quotes around! You’ll be amazed at how much wisdom, inspiration, and comfort they have to offer.
Don’t Seek Your Own Understanding Bible Verse
2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” This means that the Bible is our source of truth, and we should not seek our own understanding apart from what the Bible teaches.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” When we trust in the Lord and seek His wisdom, we can be confident that He will guide us in the right direction. We don’t need to rely on our own understanding or try to figure things out on our own.
Genesis 1:1 God Created All Things
(ESV) In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
(KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(MSG) First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see.
(NIV) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(NLT) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Christ Jesus Gives Eternal Life Scripture Quote
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” – John 17:3
John 3:16 God Offers Eternal Life and Hope in Christ Jesus
(ESV) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
(KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(MSG) “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.
(NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(NLT) “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
In this verse, Jesus is praying to His Father and He mentions two things that are essential for eternal life. The first is knowing God and the second is knowing Jesus Christ.
Knowing God is vital because without a relationship with Him, we would be lost forever in our sin. But because of His great love for us, He sent His Son to die on the cross in our place so that we could be forgiven and have eternal life.
The Holy Spirit Teaches All Things of God Biblical Reference
The Holy Spirit does teach all things of God. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that He will speak to us in an audible voice. In fact, most of the time, the Holy Spirit will communicate with us through our intuition or conscience.
This is why it’s so important to develop a close relationship with the Holy Spirit, so that we can better discern His voice from all the other voices that constantly bombard us throughout the day. The Bible says that “the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” (Romans 8:26) So if we sincerely pray and ask for guidance, the Holy Spirit will undoubtedly guide us in the right direction. Thanks for asking!
More Popular Bible Verses
- Luke 5:27-28 Devotional On A CHANGED OCCUPATIONDaily Scripture Reading: Luke 5:27-28 KJV Luke 5:27-28 (KJV) 27 And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me. 28 And he left all, rose up, and followed him. Today’s Devotional Is A CHANGED OCCUPATION In the bustling city of Capernaum, the … Read Bible Verses
- Romans 2:15 Devotional On The Witness of ConscienceDaily Scripture Reading: Romans 2:15 KJV Romans 2:15 (KJV) 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) Today’s Devotional Is The Witness of Conscience The conscience is like a mirror that reflects our inner selves, revealing who we … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 13:1-2 Devotional On LOVE OF HOSPITALITYDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:1-2 KJV Hebrews 13:1-2 (KJV) 1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Today’s Devotional Is LOVE OF HOSPITALITY The Love of Hospitality is emphasized in the book of Hebrews, where it says that we should continue to love one another and not … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 11:7 Devotional On Devotional Reflection on the Days of Noah – Walking with God in Unbroken FellowshipDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 11:7 KJV 7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. Hebrews 11:7 (KJV) Today’s Devotional Is Devotional Reflection … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Bible Verses about the Great CommissionThe Great Commission is one of the most significant and well-known passages in the Bible. It’s the command given by Jesus Christ to his disciples to go out into the world and preach the gospel to all nations. The Great Commission is recorded in Matthew 28:16-20 and has been a source of inspiration for countless … Read Bible Verses
- Acts 16:7-10 Devotional Is The Leading of the Holy SpiritDaily Scripture Reading: Acts 16:7-10 KJV “They attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing there, urging him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” – Acts 16:7-10 Today’s Devotional Is The … Read Bible Verses
- Genesis 32:1 Devotional On The Midnight WrestleDaily Scripture Reading: Genesis 32:1 KJV Genesis 32:1 KJV(1) And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him. Today’s Devotional Is The Midnight Wrestle As we journey through life, we may encounter angels along the way who can offer us help and guidance when we need it most. Though we may … Read Bible Verses
- Daniel 6:10 Devotional On OUR PRAYER LIFE: LEARNING FROM DANIELDaily Scripture Reading: Daniel 6:10 KJV Daniel 6:10 KJV(10) Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime. Today’s … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Bible Verses about Gratefulness: Finding Joy in Thanking GodGratefulness is a fundamental aspect of our relationship with God. As Christians, it is important to constantly remind ourselves of the blessings we have received and the grace that has been bestowed upon us. The Bible is full of verses that encourage us to be grateful in all circumstances. In this post, we will take … Read Bible Verses
- Proverbs 17:22 Devotional On CULTIVATING CHEERFULNESSDaily Scripture Reading: Proverbs 17:22 KJV Proverbs 17:22 KJV(22) A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Today’s Devotional Is CULTIVATING CHEERFULNESS Cultivating cheerfulness is something we need to work on, as a happy heart is like good medicine. We cannot let our moods consume us, even when … Read Bible Verses
- Romans 5:17 Devotional On LIFE ABUNDANT: GRACE ABOUNDING“For if because of one man’s mistake, death reigned over all; much more those who receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ.” – Romans 5:17 Today’s Devotional Is LIFE ABUNDANT: GRACE ABOUNDING Notice the word “receive”! First, we receive forgiveness and reconciliation, and … Read Bible Verses
- Luke 5:7 Devotional On Keys to Successful Christian ServiceDaily Scripture Reading: Luke 5:7 KJV Luke 5:7 (KJV) 7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink. Today’s Devotional Is Keys to Successful Christian Service Bible Verse: “They beckoned unto their partners in … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Heartwarming Bible Verses About the Blessings of GrandchildrenGrandchildren are a precious gift and source of joy for many grandparents. The Bible speaks of the importance of family and the blessings that come with having grandchildren. Here are 10 Bible verses about grandchildren that highlight their special place in our lives. 1. “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are … Read Bible Verses
- John 11:3 Devotional On Love’s Trust!Daily Scripture Reading: John 11:3 KJV “His sisters sent a message to Jesus, saying, “Lord, the one you love is sick.”” — John 11:3. Today’s Devotional Is Love’s Trust! As we read this passage, we witness a unique relationship between Jesus and the family of Lazarus. Martha, Mary, and Lazarus were dear friends of Jesus, … Read Bible Verses
- Psalms 65:1-2 Devotional On Praise And PrayerDaily Scripture Reading: Psalms 65:1-2 KJV Psalms 65:1-2 KJV(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm and Song of David. Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.(2) O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. Today’s Devotional Is Praise And Prayer In Psalm 65:1-2, … Read Bible Verses
- Revelation 21:16 Devotional On SPIRITUAL DIMENSIONSDaily Scripture Reading: Revelation 21:16 KJV Revelation 21:16 KJV(16) And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. Today’s Devotional Is SPIRITUAL DIMENSIONS The Bible frequently uses … Read Bible Verses
- Discovering the Heart of Christianity: 10 Bible Verses about GraceThe concept of grace is central to Christianity. It is the undeserved and unmerited favor of God towards humans, and it is the foundation of the Christian faith. In this blog post, we will explore ten Bible verses about grace that highlight its importance and relevance to our lives. 1. “For it is by grace … Read Bible Verses
- Hebrews 13:5 Devotional On OUR RESOURCESDaily Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:5 KJV Hebrews 13:5 KJV(5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Today’s Devotional Is OUR RESOURCES Be content with what you have, for God has promised to never leave you … Read Bible Verses
- Matthew 11:28-30 Devotional On Keeping Step With JesusDaily Scripture Reading: Matthew 11:28-30 KJV Matthew 11:28 KJV(28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Today’s Devotional Is Keeping Step With Jesus Jesus invites us to come to Him and take His yoke upon us, and learn from Him. But what does it mean … Read Bible Verses
- Matthew 23:37 Devotional On Weighed in the Balances – Understanding God’s JudgmentsDaily Scripture Reading: Matthew 23:37 KJV “O Jerusalem…how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!” — Matthew 23:37 Today’s Devotional Is Weighed in the Balances – Understanding God’s Judgments In this passage, we see that Jesus was deeply grieved by … Read Bible Verses
- Deuteronomy 32:9 Devotional On GOD’S HERITAGE IN HUMANITYDaily Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 32:9 KJV “The people belong to the Lord.” — Deuteronomy 32:9 “Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes.” — Ephesians 1:4 Today’s Devotional Is GOD’S HERITAGE IN HUMANITY When we dedicate ourselves to God, we … Read Bible Verses
- Job 38:4 Devotional On GOD’S CHALLENGE TO MANDaily Scripture Reading: Job 38:4 KJV Job 38:4 KJV(4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Today’s Devotional Is GOD’S CHALLENGE TO MAN In this powerful passage from Job 38, God reminds us that mysteries are all around us. We may be struggling with our own … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Bible Verses About Government: Guidance for Christian Participation in Civic LifeGovernment is a crucial part of society, as it helps to ensure structure and orderliness in our communities. As Christians, knowing what the Bible says about government can guide our participation in civic life and our interactions with those in authority. Here are 10 Bible verses about government to consider: 1. Romans 13:1-2 – “Let … Read Bible Verses
- Mark 14:14 Making Room for ChristDaily Scripture Reading: Mark 14:14 KJV Mark 14:14 KJV(14) And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? Today’s Devotional Is Making Room for Christ In this passage, Jesus asks for a guest room … Read Bible Verses
- John 2:5-7 Devotional On Obeying the Inner Voice of Christ: The Water of Life Turned to WineDaily Scripture Reading: John 2:5-7 KJV John 2:5-7 KJV(5) His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.(6) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.(7) Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. … Read Bible Verses
- Jesus is the Good Shepherd: John 10:1-18 ExplainedWelcome to a fascinating journey through one of the most cherished and insightful passages of the New Testament, John 10:1-18. This study invites you to delve deeper into the rich symbolism and powerful teachings of Jesus as the Good Shepherd, who lovingly guides, protects, and sacrifices for His followers. With a desire for understanding and … Read Bible Verses
- Isaiah 11:2 Devotional On THE SEVENFOLD WORK OF GOD’S SPIRITDaily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 11:2 Isaiah 11:2 KJV(2) And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; Today’s Devotional Is THE SEVENFOLD WORK OF GOD’S SPIRIT In Isaiah 11:2, it says, … Read Bible Verses
- Love Quotes from the Bible: Exploring the Beauty of Biblical LoveThe Bible is filled with inspiring passages that celebrate the power and importance of love in our lives. In this blog post, we’ll delve into some of the most memorable love quotes from the Bible and explore the depth of love in a biblical context. Whether you’re seeking guidance in your relationships or simply want … Read Bible Verses
- Isaiah 40:31 Devotional On Renewing Our StrengthDaily Scripture Reading: Isaiah 40:31 KJV Isaiah 40:31 KJV(31) But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Today’s Devotional Is Renewing Our Strength Isaiah 40:31 says, “Those who wait upon … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Powerful Bible Verses About the Gospel: A Message of Hope and SalvationThe Gospel is the central message of Christianity – the good news that through Jesus Christ, we have been saved from sin and death. The Bible contains many verses that speak to the power and importance of the Gospel. Here are 10 Bible verses about the Gospel that can inspire and encourage us: These Bible … Read Bible Verses
- Ephesians 6:7 Devotional On Living a Faithful Life in Daily RoutineDaily Scripture Reading: Ephesians 6:7 KJV Ephesians 6:7 KJV(7) With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Today’s Devotional Is Living a Faithful Life in Daily Routine In the midst of our everyday tasks and chores, it can be easy to forget that our lives have been appointed by God’s … Read Bible Verses
- Philippians 3:12-14 Devotional On VISION AND PURPOSEDaily Scripture Reading: Philippians 3:12-14 KJV Philippians 3:12-14 KJV(12) Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.(13) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those … Read Bible Verses
- Trusting in God’s Timing: 10 Verses to Encourage Your FaithThere are times in our lives when we feel like things are not moving at the pace we want them to. We have dreams and aspirations that we want to achieve, but it seems like they are taking forever to come to fruition. It is at those moments that we need to remind ourselves that … Read Bible Verses
- Psalm 51:1 Devotional On The Cry of the Heart for ForgivenessDaily Scripture Reading: Psalm 51:1 KJV Psalms 51:1 KJV(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Today’s Devotional … Read Bible Verses
- 10 Bible Verses about God’s StrengthGod’s strength is a mighty force that can help us overcome any obstacle, challenge, or adversity that we face. The Bible is full of inspiring verses that speak to this power, and provide us with hope and encouragement. Here are 10 Bible verses about God’s strength that can guide and empower us in our daily … Read Bible Verses